Thane Direct UK Limited - EXTENDED WARRANTY
(A) What Services are provided under the Warranty?
The Thane Direct UK/IE Limited (“Thane Direct”) extended warranty (“the Warranty”) entitles the purchaser(s) (“the Purchaser” or “you”) of the product to which the Warranty relates (“the Product”) to the rights set out herein (“the Services”) on the following terms and conditions.
Please note that the your rights under the original warranty are unaffected by the Warranty.
1. Repairs: For a period of one (1) or two (2) additional years from the end of the original twelve (12) month warranty period (depending on the warranty period you select), Thane Direct will repair defects to the Product at no charge.
2. Replacement Parts: For a period of one (1) or two (2) additional years from the end of the original twelve (12) month warranty period (depending on the warranty period you select), if any part of the Product needs to be repaired or replaced, Thane Direct will (at its sole discretion) rebuild parts or supply new replacement parts for the Product at no charge. Where replacement parts are supplied, Thane Direct shall retain the original parts.
(B) What to do if your Product breaks down or develops a fault
In the event of a problem with the Product, you should contact Thane Direct’s service centre on 01 431 1362. The representative will discuss the problem with you and try to establish whether the problem is due to incorrect operation of the product or an actual fault. Where a fault is established, unless one or more of the limitations set out in Paragraph C.2 applies (in which case the fault will not be covered by the Warranty) s/he will let you know whether you need to return the Product (or a part of it) to Thane Direct or if (i) a replacement Product/parts will be sent to you; or (ii) a refund will instead be given. ]
Where it is necessary to return the Product (or parts of it), you shall be responsible for making the arrangements and shall bear the costs of shipping/postage.
Please note that the Order Reference Number and Purchase Date shown on your invoice must be quoted both when you contact the service centre and if you make a claim. Thane Direct reserves the right to refuse to provide any Services where these details are not given.
1. Discretion to replace/refund: Thane Direct may at its sole discretion elect that instead of repairing the Product and/or providing replacement parts as set out in Paragraph A, to either replace the original Product with one of the same or a similar type (and if a different type of equal or greater value) or refund the Purchaser the sum equal to the original Product purchase price (excluding the cost of postage and packing). In such circumstances, Thane Direct shall retain the returned Product.
The Warranty does not cover:
cosmetic faults (such as scratches or damage to trim or associated marks caused by normal use of the Product and where its functionality is unaffected);
faults caused where the Product has been used contrary to the manufacturer’s instructions or has been misused, neglected or modified in any way;
circumstances in which the Product has been used other than by the Purchaser and its family; or
consumable, replaceable items such as fuses, batteries and light bulbs, which shall not be replaced under the Warranty.
3. Non-transferability, geographical limitations: The rights of the Warranty are limited to the Purchaser and cannot be transferred. The Services will be provided only to products bought and used in the United Kingdom and the Republic of Ireland.
4. Termination of Warranty: The rights under the Warranty are limited to a single claim per Purchaser, following which the Warranty cover ends. However, for these purposes provided they are all notified to Thane Direct at the same time a “single claim” may cover more than one fault and/or replacement of more than one part.
(D) Refund Policy
within the first 45 days of taking it out cancel the Warranty and receive a full refund; or
after 45 days, cancel the Warranty and receive a proportional refund based on the unexpired period of cover, Provided no claim has been made under the Warranty.
To cancel the Warranty you must give written notice to Thane Direct at the following address: Warranty Cancellation ,Customer Service, Thane Direct, 1st Floor, Craftworks Studios
3 Dufferin St, London EC1Y 8NA.
(E) Personal Details
These terms and conditions constitute the whole agreement between you and Thane Direct relating to the Warranty. In agreeing to them you acknowledge that you have not relied on any other statements, representations, or assurances.
Any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with these terms and conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the law of England and Wales.
This warranty does not affect your statutory rights. For further information see the Additional Information or contact your local trading standards department.
This summary has been prepared to help you to decide whether or not to purchase the Thane Direct Extended Warranty (“the Warranty”), where offered in relation to a given product. The terms and conditions that apply to the purchase of the Warranty are available here. The cost of the Warranty varies depending on the product and warranty period (one or two extra years).
(A) Your Statutory Rights [and the Original warranty]
Whether or not you purchase an extended warranty, you have, as a consumer, various statutory rights that apply to the purchase of goods. These include the right to claim for a refund (or compensation), repair or replacement for up to six years (five in Scotland) if goods were when sold not of satisfactory quality or fit for their purpose. Within the first six months, the burden of proof is on the retailer to establish that the goods purchased were of satisfactory quality and fit for their purpose. However, after the first six months, the onus is on the consumer to prove that the goods had a fault when they were purchased. Further information on your rights can be obtained from your local trading standards department.
(B) Other Extended Warranty providers
Extended warranties are also available from other providers such as manufacturers and insurers. Your household contents insurance may also provide cover against accident, fire or theft.
Purchase of Warranty after purchase of Products
You can buy the Warranty from us at the same time as you purchase a product and up to 30 days thereafter.
Right to Cancel
The Warranty can be cancelled as follows:
By giving written notice to cancel within the first 45 days of taking it out - a full refund will be given; or
Provided no claim has been made under the Warranty, by giving written notice to cancel after 45 days - a refund based on the unexpired period of cover will be given.
To cancel the Warranty written notice is required to be given to Thane Direct at the following address: Warranty Cancellation ,Customer Service, Thane Direct, 1st Floor, Craftworks Studios
3 Dufferin St, London EC1Y 8NA.
Termination of Warranty
The rights under the Warranty are limited to a single claim per Purchaser. However, for these purposes provided they are all notified to Thane Direct at the same time a “single claim” may cover more than one fault and/or replacement of more than one part.